Susan has more than 30 years of clinical experience with a focus of medical speech pathology and rehabilitation of speech, swallowing, voice, upper airway and cognitive -linguistic disorders. She has additional training in videostroboscopy, flexible endoscopic evaluation of swallowing -FEES exams, neuromuscular electric stimulation-NMES treatment of dysphagia. Susan is passionate about helping patients achieve functional outcomes that improves their quality of life.
In her free time, Susan enjoys spending time with family and friends, hiking, skiing, kayaking, biking, reading historical fiction and traveling.
Areas of Clinical Interest
- Speech, Voice & Swallowing
- Fellowship Training: White Memorial Medical Center
- Internship: Long Beach VA Medical Center
- Graduate School: Pennsylvania State University, Master of Science in Communication Disorders
- Undergraduate: University of California at Santa Barbara, Bachelor of Science in Speech & Hearing Sciences
- Certificate of Clinical Competency in Speech Pathology
- LSVT Loud Therapy
- Buteyko Breathing
- Myofascial Release I
- American Speech Hearing Association
- New York State Speech Language Hearing Association