Informed Decision-Making Starts With A Hearing Test
Determining whether hearing aids can help you hear a fuller world starts with a hearing test. Knowing the results of those tests gives you the power to make the decision that’s right for you.
Why Have Your Hearing Tested?
Untreated hearing loss can damage your physical health, emotional well-being and professional success. Studies have shown it:
- Increases your risk of cognitive decline.
- Increases feelings of depression, anger and anxiety.
- Makes concentrating and storing new information difficult.
- Increases physical injuries, specifically falls.
- Reduces job performance and monetary compensation.
A Hearing Test Is Quick, Painless and Provides Immediate Results.
Whether you just need a hearing screening or an audiological assessment, testing methods are fast and same-day test results typically allow an audiologist to provide an immediate diagnosis.
What Does an Audiologist Measure?
- How your ears respond to loud sounds.
- The quietest sound you can hear at different pitches.
- How well you can hear speech.
- The movement capacity of your eardrum.
- What type of hearing loss you have.
Guiding Your Next Steps
Your results determine what options we’ll recommend, and that’s why we take the time to guide you through them and answer every question along the way. We’re here to support you no matter what path you choose to take after your diagnosis.
Hearing devices may be the most common treatment option, but their technology, style, and convenience are unique to each model. Your audiologist will work with you to help you adjust to a whole new way of hearing the world.
Call Albany ENT & Allergy Services at (518) 701-2085 for more information or to schedule an appointment.